- December 2021
Grant for SASBAH
HFCT was pleased to award a grant over three years to SASBAH which supports people affected by spina bifida, hydrocephalus and other related conditions.
SASBAH has over 55 years’ experience in supporting and developing the health, wellbeing and life opportunities of people with spina bifida, hydrocephalus and other related conditions.
SASBAH is run by a small team working with 125 volunteers who provided over 20,000 hours of support in 2019 before the impact of COVID-19.
Activities include an adviser service, one stop clinic, family support work, buddy scheme, residential breaks, education advice, youth clubs, newsletter, website, training and work experience opportunities.
SASBAH offers a range of services, including:
- - Offering life-long support for health, wellbeing and life opportunities, with a focus on increasing emotional resilience and quality of life.
- - Combating social isolationthrough building social and independent living skills, providing inclusive opportunities for peer support and networking both digitally and in-person.
- - Supporting development and learning for children, young people and adults to meet the challenges of living independently, to develop skills for employment and to cope with change.
- - Building awareness and understanding in our community, through events, fundraising activities and networking.
- - Providing information, expert advice and advocacy for those with the conditions, their families and carers.
- - Responding to need both for individuals and as a consequence of societal change